Monday, July 12, 2010

Form Poetry

This is a heroic couplet poem.  The strict form requires perfect iambic pentameter and an aa bb cc dd ee rhyme scheme in its ten lines.


Restless


I want to walk along a million miles
And then to see the ever lonely isles.
When all the world's as cold as is the plate
And I shall walk and seek to know your fate.
If ever I was going there I know
I'd see you in that killing place of snow.
When all the worlds' around you know that I
Cannot content to sit and die and why
When I as yet am free to yearn and seek
Be lost and still submit to be so meek?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! All comments will be responded to as quickly as possible with gratitude, respect, and an open mind to viewpoints different from my own. If, however, a comment is hateful, derogatory, or vulgar, it will be deleted.