Wednesday, January 1, 2014

"I'm back, baby dolls!"

     Yes, the title of this post is an HIMYM quote. No, I don't go around randomly calling people "baby dolls." But I digress.

     It's been a long time since I've blogged about writing or did any writing for that matter. Because reasons. I'm back now, though, and I'm enjoying creating and editing again. I'm prepping my first novel for self publication and I have several other projects I'm working to complete and prep for publication. To help keep myself motivated, I just signed up at writemotivation.org for the month of January. My three goals:

     1. Finish final editing on my novel in prep for publication.
     2. Finish the rough draft of my YA novel.
     3. Add to the rough draft of my novel's sequel - I want to go from 1/3 complete to 1/2. It depends on where I decide to end the sequel, I may be moving from 1/2 to 2/3. At any rate, I just want to add to it.

     According to the site, I need to blog once a week to update on my progress with my goals. So, this is me, with my inaugural post for the new year. Not that imaginative, not that long, but it's a post, it's writing, so I say it's good.

     Now if only my aching head and clogged sinuses and sore throat would stop making me so miserable I can't focus on anything except how much my head aches and how clogged my sinuses are and how sore my throat is. Maybe I need some protein. Eggs. Somebody pass me some eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! All comments will be responded to as quickly as possible with gratitude, respect, and an open mind to viewpoints different from my own. If, however, a comment is hateful, derogatory, or vulgar, it will be deleted.