Friday, May 21, 2010

Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Hadassah Fey.  Actually, it's not, that's my pen name, but the point of a pen name is that I don't tell you my real name, so for all intents and purposes my name is Hadassah Fey.  I am a poet, an author, a dreamer, and slightly touched.  According to some.  You use the phrase "real faeries" one time in everyday conversation and you're labeled for life.  Welcome to my blog!  My journey as an aspiring novelist has begun.  The plan is to have Slayer (that's the title of my novel) finished by April 29th.  And then I will begin on the sequel.  And there's a sequel after that.  And a prequel before that.  Don't think about the space/time continuum ramifications of that temporal sentence structure.  (Somewhere out there a fellow Trekkie got that joke.  Even if they didn't laugh, they understood it.  It always comforts me to think that somewhere out there there's somebody else who thinks the way I do.  It's probably not true, but the thought comforts me nonetheless.)  In the meantime, I will be sharing samples of my poetry via this blog, and probably samples of Slayer as it nears completion and makes it through a couple of editing phases.  Or maybe I'll share some of it with you before I edit.  We'll see.  I'm hoping to post about a poem a week right now.  I'll do some blogging about my thoughts in general as I work through the novel; sometimes I have random thoughts about characters and characterization, or I'll talk about the writing process itself and what I'm learning as I work on my first novel.  Or I'll talk about eggs.  And my French class.  Don't ask me why the two go together; they just do.  When you ask Parlez-vous français? the answer is always, Eggs, yes please, and pass the ketchup.  Also, I think I'll share one or two of my short stories with you. Maybe you'll enjoy them.  It won't take you long to realize what my favorite genre of writing is.  For now, I'll start out fairly simple, and I'll do my best to keep you interested as you join me on this crazy ride.  Be prepared for unexpected things.  I'm more than a little odd, and it's not hard to pick up on that in my work.  Actually, you've probably already picked up on it.  Like my obsession with French.  And eggs.  Faerie tales are important to me too.  If you like what you read, feel free to tell me.  If you don't like what you read, feel free to keep it to yourself unless you can say it in a way that won't make me track you down so I can sob brokenhearted on your shoulder.  (Quite the incentive to  offer truly constructive criticism, isn't it?  I'm not a pretty crier, believe me.)  On that damp note, allow me to offer a slight pick me up.  I'll go eat some eggs.  That will pick me up.  I don't know what you're going to do.  In all seriousness, I respond well to constructive criticism.  I want my work to be the best that it can be.  (No this is not the poetry Army commercial.  Wait, that would be "all" not "best."  Well, the joke's out there, and I have a feeling you got it anyway.)  Don't forget to be my fan on Facebook and follow me on Twitter and subscribe to my channel on YouTube (Well, nothing's up there yet, but you can always subscribe.).  If you found my blog through my website umbravita.com then you know that the links to all of those places are in the links section of my website.  If you didn't find my blog through my website then you now have a link to my website so that you can access all of the other links.  Which is basically my way of saying that I am too tired and having too much leg pain (I'll blog about that at a later time) to bother with putting up the links to the other pages.  Like it all so far?  Spread the word.  Don't like it all so far?  Spread the word anyway.  Remember, I'll come crying to you sans Kleenex.  Was that a touch of French there?  Eggs, yes please, and pass the ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! All comments will be responded to as quickly as possible with gratitude, respect, and an open mind to viewpoints different from my own. If, however, a comment is hateful, derogatory, or vulgar, it will be deleted.