Friday, May 21, 2010

Oh and uh, one more thing...

Originally published 2/16/2010 at passtheeggs.umbravita.com:


Okay, this will probably be the only time I post twice in one night (of course, as Ms. Frizzle would say, "Never say never, class!"  And if you don't know who Ms. Frizzle is, hang your head in supreme sadness and a sense of profound deprivation.  Google it and make up for lost time.) but I had to share this song with you.  I just heard this song today, and absolutely fell in love with it.  The chorus of this song is the best summarization of my novel's main character that I have found thus far in music.  And that's with a playlist of 199 songs that I've put together of songs that inspire me and fit my characters.  Here it is, for your enjoyment.  Thank you, Eli Young Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvbzd5688l4


Intrigued?  You should be.  I'm in love with my main character, and I think you're going to like her as well.  Now, remember, the verses aren't necessarily what applies to her, but the chorus is the heroine.  This song is also special to me because of my interest in King Arthur studies and medieval studies.  I love the reference to Queen Guinevere and the tragedy of Camelot that she inadvertently helped to instigate.  It's fantastic.  Go read Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morte D'Arthur.  And soon, I'm going to tell you to go read my novel.  :)  Now, where'd I put my eggs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! All comments will be responded to as quickly as possible with gratitude, respect, and an open mind to viewpoints different from my own. If, however, a comment is hateful, derogatory, or vulgar, it will be deleted.